Postgraduate Scholarships For Nigerian Students 2022-2023
If you are a Nigerian student who has recently completed your bachelor’s degree and is considering pursuing a master’s degree, or if you have already completed a master’s degree and are considering pursuing a Ph.D., you should be aware that there are postgraduate degree scholarships specifically designed to assist you with the financial assistance required to do so. In this post, we will outline some of the Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian students from 2022 to 2023.
Top Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students 2022-2023
1. The Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarships
This is easily the first scholarship on our list of top Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian students 2022-2023. The Heinrich Böll Foundation’s scholarship awards scholarships to international graduates and doctorate students. The deadlines for applications are March 1st and September 1st. International candidates must demonstrate their ability to communicate in German. It is necessary to have a good or very excellent command of the German language.
To be considered for Heinrich Böll Foundation Grants and Scholarships, interested individuals must meet the following criteria:
- International students must have a good academic background.
- Applicants Must present persuasive reasons for applying for a Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarship.
- Must have completed the prerequisites for admission to a German higher education institution.
- Be willing to adhere to the rules and laws that govern student behavior at a German university.
- Exhibit great interpersonal skills.
2. Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must have a 1st Class or 2nd Class Upper Division in their first degree; an NYSC discharge/exemption certificate; admission to a UK university; applicants must print out their completed application form before submitting it online; Ph.D. candidates must attach a supporting statement from a UK university. The deadline for submitting an online application is November 1st, 2022.
3. Ph.D. (Via MPhil) Studentship In Engineering 2022
The Jost Institute for Tribotechnology, part of the School of Engineering, is accepting applications for a Ph.D. (through MPhil) studentship. Domestic and overseas students are eligible to apply, although EU and international applicants must pay the difference between the UK student fee and the applicable fee rate. The full-time scholarship is available for up to 3.5 years (subject to good progress), and tuition costs will be paid by the institution at the UK student rate.
Eligibility Criteria for the scholarship include;
- A Bachelor’s degree with honors, preferably with a grade of 2.1 (UK or equivalent), in a Physical Sciences, Engineering, or Technology-related discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, or similar.
- A master’s degree or include equivalent in a science or technology-related field is required (Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineering). Evidence of previous professional experience or education
- The ability to comprehend difficult issues and utilize in-depth knowledge to solve them. Working knowledge of CAD design and simulation applications. Basic electronics expertise, as well as familiarity with sensors and data gathering systems/software, are required. Demonstration of project delivery capabilities.
- Evidence of the ability to acquire new areas of knowledge. Vacuum technology and materials utilized in vacuum applications are well-versed. Prof Ian Sherrington (Isherrington@uclan.ac.uk) can be contacted for informal project-related inquiries concerning the position.
- Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the studentship reference number
4. GREAT Scholarships for Justice and Law
The justice and law scholarships are offered for the 2022-23 academic year at the following universities.:
- Sheffield Hallam University;
- University of Westminster;
- Teesside University
To apply for this scholarship, applicants must fulfill the requirements below;
- be a Nigerian citizen
- hold a bachelor’s degree, be driven, and be interested in the suggested field of study
- fulfill the UK’s English language requirement
- create a personal and scholarly connection to the United Kingdom as a scholar
- be willing to attend a networking event with all UK-based GREAT scholars to share experiences and get a sense of what it’s like to study in the UK
- be willing to keep in touch with the British Council and their HEI and act as a GREAT Scholarships ambassador
- as a past recipient of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing to talk to potential applicants about their personal experience studying in the UK regularly
The application deadline for a GREAT Scholarship varies per institution. Please read the institution page for specifics on each university’s deadlines. Individual universities will notify successful scholars of the outcome of their applications.
5. ACMS 2022 Full Masters & Ph.D. Scholarships for African Students to Study at Wits University
The African Centre for Migration and Society (ACMS) at the University of the Witwatersrand is accepting applications for DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) MA and Ph.D. scholarships as part of its ‘In-Region Scholarship Programme South Africa.’
Four MA and five PhD candidates are chosen for the Migration and Displacement program at ACMS in 2023 will receive full scholarships. The DAAD will make the final choices and manage the awards. The initial part of the application process, which includes pre-selection and shortlisting of applicants, is handled by ACMS. For the second part of the application process and final choices, ACMS will submit the shortlist to DAAD.
Below are some of the eligibility requirements for this scholarship:
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa (excluding South Africa);
- They must have completed their most recent university degree within the last six years at the time of application.
- MA applicants must have an Honours degree or equivalent in the Humanities (preferably in the Social Sciences) with a cumulative grade point average of at least 65 percent.
- PhD candidates must hold a master’s degree in humanities with a grade point average of at least 70%;
- Must have been admitted into ACMS’ MA/Ph.D. program in Migration and Displacement
Required Documents for the Application
- A cover letter outlining your skills, professional experience, and motivation for applying to the Migration and Displacement program;
- a comprehensive CV;
- Transcripts and degree certificates in duplicate;
- Evaluation by the SAQA (for international qualifications);
- A brief research proposal (maximum of 1500 words) describing the planned research endeavor;
- Proof of admission to Wits/ACMS or an application for entrance
Visit the ACMS website for further information.
Other scholarships you should definitely check out are
6, South African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) 2022 Scholar Award for African Students
7, University of Dundee Vice-Chancellor Africa Scholarship 2022/2023 for African Students
8, British Academy Global Professorships Program 2022 (up to £900,000)
9, AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) 2021/2022 Fully-funded Programme for African Students
10, USADF-All On 2022 Nigeria Off-Grid Energy Challenge (up to $100,000)
Conclusion: Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian students 2022-2023
In this post, we outlined some of the top Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian students from 2022-to 2023. We hope you found this post incredibly helpful. Do not hesitate to drop comments if you have any questions. We are always happy to help!