2022 Scholarships for African Students
Are you an African student hoping to gain a well-funded scholarship for the 2022 academic year? Well, then you should read this.
Loads of scholarships are offered to African students each year by various organizations, and some are tailored specifically to African students. Before applying for any scholarship, it is important to do as much research as you can about the program. It is not just enough to know what is required to gain the scholarship,
but what you should expect from the scholarship. Various scholarships have various levels of funding – some may or may not cover things like accommodation, transport, or even a full-tuition. You really do not want to be stuck with abad deal that doesn’t give you the study experience that you need.
Yeah, I know some would say things like “Beggars can’t be choosers.” But the fact that you are not paying for a scholarship from your pocket is not what makes the scholarship worthwhile. Besides, it is important to tailor your scholarship to your ambitions: the research you want to conduct, and the expertise you want to gain for the projects you want to execute after your studies.
Here is a list of some of the best scholarships available to African students this year:
1. University of Glasgow African & Caribbean Excellence Full Tuition Scholarships for African Students 2022-2023
In the 2022/23 academic session, the University of Glasgow is offering 10 scholarships for international students or staff from their partners in Africa and the Caribbean. The scholarship is a full tuition fee waiver, and is for students starting a postgraduate taught Masters programme in any discipline. The requirements are that the student must:
- Demonstrate academic excellence and achieve grades equivalent to a UK 1st Class Honours;
- Hold an offer of a place for a postgraduate taught Masters programme for September 2022;
- Have International fee status;
- Be a student or member of staff at one of the University partners in either region;
- Be nominated by a member of staff at one of the University partners in either region.
2. Harvard University Centre for African Studies Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program for African Researchers 2022
The Harvard University Centre for African studies has a fellowship program this year that would enable independent African Researchers conduct studies in any post-doctoral research topic of their choice. This fellowship is open to researchers in African Universities who have completed their Ph.Ds and hold an academic appointment in an African University (preference would be given to those who received their award within the last 5 years.)
Interested and qualified? Visit here to begin your application.
3. IUCEA-KDU Undergraduate Scholarships for East African Students at Kyungdong University (South Korea) 2022
Students seeking a Bachelor’s degree in the areas of Smart Computing, Hotel Management, and Business Administration can apply for the UCEA-KDU Undergraduate Scholarships. This was announced by the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA), inviting students to apply for undergraduate Scholarships to study at Kyungdong University, South Korea, for the study year commencing September 2022. This scholarship is for students from the East Africa region (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda). The scholarship covers the followings: click here
The full tuition fee of $10,000 per year for up to 4 years (by KDU Global]
On-campus accommodation fee of $1,600 per year up to 4 years (by KDU Global)
- Return air ticket at the beginning and the end of every two years (by IUCEA)
- Health insurance support every month for 4 years (by IUCEA)
- Application processing and handling fee of $200 after selection (by IUCEA)
4. University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships for International Students 2022
apply for masters in UK
Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Physics: if you are interested in a Masters fellowship to study any of these physical sciences, you can study at the prestigious University of Geneva, known for its excellence in teaching and researching the physical sciences.
The Faculty of Science in the University of Geneva has a strong focus on research and hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Science Foundation (Chemical Biology; SwissMAP; Planets) and many European collaborative research projects.
The faculty is offering a well-funded fellowship to international students, of up to 15,000 Swiss francs. The requirements are:
Very good performance in their studies (belonging to the best 10% of their bachelor’s program). Must have completed the Bachelor degree or expect to complete it within 6 months.
- Selection of the applicants will be based on excellence.
- Evaluation will be made on the basis of the documentation sent by the applicants.
- French proficiency is not a formal requirement for the Masters of the Faculty of science.
You can begin your application here. Ensure you submit all required documents, including two letters of reference from your professors, sent to this email address: Excellence-Master-Sciences@unige.ch.
Click here to register
5. DAAD Short-Term Research Grants for Developing Countries 2022
If you would like a scholarship for your Ph.D program, DAAD could be right for you. They are offering a scholarship for a short-term research grant to Developing countries in 2022, for research project or course of continuing scientific education at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education or a non-university research institute in Germany, which is being carried out in coordination with an academic adviser in Germany. This program is for doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists who have completed a Master’s degree or Diploma,
or those who have already completed a PhD (postdocs), or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research. (Doctoral candidates who are doing their entire doctorate at a German university are not eligible to apply).
For more details, and how to apply, you can visit the DAAD website.